We are delighted to announce the return of our Adult Camp in 2022! Camp will take place at the following location and dates:
July 6-10 SYA Sports Park, Centreville, VA
We will start with an evening session on first day of camp and end by noon on the last day of camp.
Cost - $450*
* This does not include accommodation or meals.
Due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions we have decided to run the camp in a slightly different format. You can register for the camp using the normal sign up link on our website. If you don't live locally we have arranged for a block booking of hotel rooms at SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Centreville. To get the block rate of $110 per night plus fees you must use the link below. The rate includes continental breakfast, parking, kitchenette and high speed internet. We will also help with transport to and from hotel.
Soccer Academy’s Adult Camps are offered to individual players or groups who are ages 21 years old and up. These popular camps offer adult players the opportunity to develop their technical and tactical performance.
Adult players of all levels are welcome at our five day camp. Our program welcomes players from all playing experiences, as skills groups are developed to ensure that all players will learn, improve and enjoy an outstanding week of soccer. Individual, as well as team development is always our main objective for the week.
Soccer Academy is unique in having coaches who have experience working with adult players, and who make the camp enjoyable. We truly have a variety of excellent coaches that enjoy spreading their love of the game with fellow players.
Coaching staff from the past include:
- Paul Ellis: Currently Technical Director at Virginia Valor FC in NOVA. Paul is a previous collegiate coach at George Mason University and is a current staff coach for VYSA Coach Education.
- Mickey Feeney: FAI ’A License coach Working full time at a center of Excellence, in Sligo Ireland
- Craig Harwell: Currently coaches at Virginia Valor FC and former collegiate Coach at Louisiana College. Holds a USSF B License and USC Premier Diploma.
- Kenny Dyer: Former Coach of the Montserrat Men’s National Team. Has played professionally in Cyprus for Salamina.
- Linda Hamilton: Former defender for the U.S. Women’s National Team (1987-1995). As a collegiate player, Linda played for the University of North Carolina.
- Billy Warren: Billy has been involved with Goalkeeping at all levels. He was the Assistant GK coach to Alan Kelly at DC United, and has trained with pro teams in Portugal and England. He currently runs his own Goalkeeping School in Silver Spring, MD.
Whether you are looking to improve playing skills or enhance your coaching abilities, our Adult Camps are designed to meet your needs. Technical training focuses on improving individual ball skills through emphasis on proper footwork, creativity with the ball, advanced passing and shooting and 1v1 exercises. Tactical performance is improved through small-sided games and activities, which focus on the principles of attack and defense, positional play and combination plays.
Technical training sessions focus on improving ball skills with the emphasis on:
• Combination plays
• Development of positional play
• Importance of each individual role
• Psychology of performance
Tactical performance is improved by small sided games and activities, which focus on:
• Creativity in attacking play
• Importance of transitional play
• Defending successfully
• Value of team play
• Enjoyment of playing the game
Goalkeeping is included at the Camp and at selected sites for Adult Day Camps.
This year the camp will be at SYA Sports Park, Centreville, VA. The fields are top quality Bermuda Grass.
This is a good guide but may vary at the discretion of the Camp Director.
9.30-12.00 Morning Training - This is usually technical and individual work
2.00-4.30 Afternoon Training - This session builds on the morning session into small sided and technical work
6.00-8.00 Evening Scrimmage
Players should aim to arrive at the facility after lunch on the first day and the camp will finish at noon on the last day. We can pick players up from Reagan National Airport or Dulles Airport. For those traveling by Train please check with us the best station to arrive at. Please check with the office before booking any travel.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org