The Only Adult Residential Coed Camp in the USA
We have confirmed the details for 2024 - Camp will be held June 28th to July 2nd.
We will start with check in between 2-4pm on first day of camp and end by noon on the last day of camp.
Residential - $865 ($815 if signed up prior to Feb 15th)
Extended Day* - $535 ($495 if signed up prior to Feb 15th)
Deposit of $150 due at sign up. Remaining balance is due June 15th. Sign ups after June 15th will incur a late sign up fee of $20 per registration.
* Extended Day Option does not include accommodation or breakfast.
For those who chose the full Residential Camp we will be in the North Village. Here is a link to campus map.
This is the description given on McDaniel College website - The North Village houses over 200 residents in four bed units (2 singles and 1 double), five bed units (3 singles and 1 double), and six bed units (2 singles and 2 doubles). All apts have 2 bathrooms, kitchen, and common space. Bedrooms have an XL twin bed, desk, chair, dresser, and closet. The North Village is air conditioned and the complex has two laundry rooms.
We will have around 90-100 beds in the 5 bed units so depending on numbers and suite requests some may have to share a room.
Soccer Academy’s Adult Camps are offered to individual players or groups who are ages 21 years old and up. These popular camps offer adult players the opportunity to develop their technical and tactical performance.
Adult players of all levels, fitness, genders and experience, are welcome at our five day camp. Our program welcomes players from all playing experiences, as skills groups are developed to ensure that all players will learn, improve and enjoy an outstanding week of soccer. Individual, as well as team development is always our main objective for the week.
Soccer Academy is unique in having coaches who have experience working with adult players, and who make the camp enjoyable. We truly have a variety of excellent coaches that enjoy spreading their love of the game with fellow players.
Coaching staff from the past couple of years include:
- Paul Ellis: Currently Technical Director at Virginia Valor FC in Northern Virginia. Paul is a previous collegiate coach at George Mason University and is a current staff coach for VYSA Coach Education. Paul holds a USSF A License and is a current Coach Educator.
- Craig Harwell: Currently coaches at Virginia Valor FC and former collegiate Coach at Louisiana College. Craig is the current boys Director of Coaching at Virginia Valor FC. Craig holds a USSF A License and USC Premier Diploma.
- Sarah Strickland: Currently working at Appalachian State. After a 24-year coaching career that included 12 years as the head coach of App State’s women’s soccer program, Sarah transitioned to an administrative role as an assistant athletics director with App State. Her coaching career included previous stops at Troy, Auburn Montgomery and Mississippi State.
- Mickey Feeney: FAI ’A License coach Working full time at a center of Excellence, in Sligo Ireland. Mickey played in the League of Ireland with Sligo Rovers and was also involved in coaching at the club including a spell as Caretaker Manager of the first team squad. He holds a UEFA A Licence. Mickey is also involved with the Republic of Ireland U19 International team as part of the backroom staff where he works as the Analysis coach.
- Serge Lipovetsky: Assistant coach at North Florida Women's Soccer. Former Mississippi Soccer Association State Technical Director and current Coach educator, Serge holds a USSF A License and has over 20 years experience in College Coaching.
- Timmy Lucas: Timmy is the current ECNL Keeper Coach at Loudoun Soccer in Northern Virginia. He is also a Region 3 ODP Coach and Coach Educator. Timmy holds a USSF A License, USSF National Youth License, and National Goalkeeper License
Whether you are looking to improve playing skills or enhance your coaching abilities, our Adult Camps are designed to meet your needs. Technical training focuses on improving individual ball skills through emphasis on proper footwork, creativity with the ball, advanced passing and shooting and 1v1 exercises. Tactical performance is improved through small-sided games and activities, which focus on the principles of attack and defense, positional play and combination plays.
Technical training sessions focus on improving ball skills with the emphasis on:
• Combination plays
• Development of positional play
• Importance of each individual role
• Psychology of performance
Tactical performance is improved by small sided games and activities, which focus on:
• Creativity in attacking play
• Importance of transitional play
• Defending successfully
• Value of team play
• Enjoyment of playing the game
Goalkeeping is included at the Camp
This is a good guide but may vary at the discretion of the Camp Director.
9.30-12.00 Morning Training - This is usually technical and individual work
2.00-4.30 Afternoon Training - This session builds on the morning session into small sided and technical work
6.00-8.00 Evening Scrimmage
Players should aim to arrive at the facility after lunch on the first day and the camp will finish at noon on the last day. We can pick players up from Reagan National Airport, BWI, or Dulles Airport. For those traveling by Train please check with us the best station to arrive at. Please check with the office before booking any travel.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org